Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Ikea Event!






A couple weekends ago I had the opportunity to lead my first event ever with Free Arts! We have a very great partnership with Ikea and this summer we have been conducting various community outreach events at their store. Our last one for the summer was the "Back to School" event. Our main goal was to just spread the word about what Free Arts does and raise some awareness. We did this by having a table right by the front where we had frames donated by Ikea for the children to decorate. Then, the volunteers and I would talk with the parents about what Free Arts does. Free Arts also had a youth art display that was opening up that weekend in Ikea, which can now be seen in the cafe on the second floor of the store.

I was pretty nervous to run my first event! I never had that type of experience before, but it was a blast! I really enjoyed getting to organize everything and plan how the displays would look and working with the volunteers.

All in all, I felt like the event was a huge success. We received back quite a few interest forms, gave out all our brochures and even received some donations! We had about 140+ youth attend the event that day. It was awesome to get this hands on experience and be able to get a small taste of event planning.












No comments:

Post a Comment